Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Manchester Massacre: Manchester United 8 Arsenal 2

Anything you can do, we can do better. If you can take down a London club, we can take down a bigger one.

That's Manchester United's message to rivals Manchester City, who dispatched Tottenham 5-1 earlier in the day. As a Liverpool fan, I will not spend much time on this topic. However, I dare say, that was quite a hiding handed out to the Gunners.

A few weeks back, I had blogged about this new season being a 'Manchester affair'. After this week's games, you don't need a crystal ball to know that. Also, I blogged about Arsene Wenger's philosophy. You don't need a psychic to tell you that his ways needs some mending either.

In that piece, I'd urged Mr. Wenger to buy. After an 8-2 loss to Man United, it's a little too late. The damage has been done.

No comments:

Post a Comment